Gospel Baptist Church Missions

Saturday, March 12, 2011

On His Feet and Going Forward


The Winston-Salem Rescue Mission is a Christian organization that meets the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of hurting people in the Triad area so that they might proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and bring glory to God . This is just one of their success stories.
Visit WSRM here.



The Testimony of Davy Kinley
In September of 2006, Davy Kinley had reached the end of his rope. His battle with alcohol, loss of family, loss of work and limited education were crushing blows that had taken his hope. With nowhere to go and no one to turn to, Davy chose to enter the Winston Salem Rescue Mission. He says, “I was reluctant at first, but it turned out to be the best decision of my life because of the condition I was in. Real life began for me here.” After residing at the Winston- Salem Rescue Mission for approximately a year and a half, Kinley accepted Christ as his personal Savior. He says, “On one special night that I will never forget, I turned to the Lord Jesus Christ and asked Him to save me from my sins. I can’t explain the peace that I felt or the weight that was lifted off of my shoulders. I was a new man.” When the Transformers Program began after the New Life Center opened, Davy chose to enroll in the inaugural class of 2008. He states, “I learned to face my giants, or those huge obstacles that were holding me back. My reading, writing and computer skills improved over a period of time while in the program. To top it off, I made some good friends, too. We struggled together and helped one another.” Davy Kinley graduated from the Transformers Program in October of 2009. Since that time he has obtained housing and employment at Wal-Mart. Kinley attends a local Christ-centered church, and he says, “I am back on my feet and going forward with my life. If it were not for the Lord and the Winston-Salem Rescue Mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment