Gospel Baptist Church Missions

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Some Group Comments



This has been my first trip to Jamaica, and the people here have truly captured my heart. I have felt a love and desire to serve them and show them the love of Jesus growing within me. The children here have such a hunger for love and attention and I truly feel it is an honor for me to be able to spend time with them. God is so good and he is showing up and showing off every day! Please pray for Tiandra, Omeica, and Sanike (the girls I was working with in VBS today). I would love to see them come to a point of understanding and accept Christ as their savior before we head home.– Hope




I have heard the stories of team members who have been to Jamaica previously and how they have connected with a certain person. I have prayed that would be the case for me as well and God led me to a young boy named Tyreek. Despite the poverty and filth of the community he lives in he is kind, tender and giving. When we arrived today in Cantebury, Tyreek came running to me with the biggest smile you’ve ever seen and sparkling big brown eyes and handed me a piece of candy. A little boy who I’m sure goes to bed hungry a lot of nights wanted to show me love by sacrificing a piece of candy. Probably one of the most humbling experiences I’ve ever had. I am so thankful that I can tell Tyreek about the one who loves him and wants to give him a home in heaven for all eternity. – Lora




What a blessing to see how God has knitted this team’s hearts together! To watch our teens respond in love and eagerly serve the Lord is awesome! Each person has worked hard and served sacrificially. We praise the Lord for 18 professions so far! Six of those were adults. We are thankful for many connections that have been made and for being a part of the new church plant too. Pastor Cletis & Tammy have been so gracious to help us, haul us around and work with us. Too many things to list, but to God be the glory! Karen



What a blessing it has been to see the faces of those we have grown to love in Canterbury again this year! An even greater blessing has been to see Pastor Paul and Karen teach Bible stories to the kids and give them the simple plan of salvation while the adults stood by and listened. Another precious sight has been seeing the teens share Jesus with the children as they made crafts with them. I am praying for and expecting God to do a work in the hearts of these people here in our beloved Canterbury. I really can’t think of a better way to spend this Thanksgiving season. Thank you Lord for allowing me this great privilege! How marvelous are your works! Kellie




Well, I would have to say this has already been the most life changing experience of my life! Seeing all of the faces of the children of Canterbury being loved for probably the first time in their life for many, giving them bracelets and seeing their precious smiles was all a breathtaking event. Another thing was sharing amazing times with the team…we’ve laughed, cried, and shared our hearts with each other. It’s been amazing and I can’t wait to see what God will bring for the rest of the week –A.N.S




Wow it is only Tuesday and so many events have happened already! God works in mysterious ways…We met two young ladies today and they were extremely special, Reshika and Nikki! Reshika we met at the Bible College, and Nikki we met in Canterbury. We got to talk to Nikki about God while will painted her nails and help teach her how to make a bracelet. We immediately had a connection with her and asked Leah if we could take her a Bible tomorrow that we had written a special encouraging message inside. We both had the life-changing experience of leading someone to Christ today as well. We can’t wait to see what else God has in store for us this week.- Hannah2 (:



Really have enjoyed this Missions trip to Jamaica so far! Everyone got to visit a Children’s Home yesterday. All the children there were such a blessing because they were smiling. They are happy since they know that Jesus Christ loves them very much. The VBS days in Canterbury have gone well too. Today, I got to share the message of God’s love to some girls in Canterbury as I tied some cross necklaces they had made around their necks. Neither of these precious little ones has come to know Christ as their personal Savior yet. So, I gave these two girls a book called “The Greatest Story Ever Told.” Please pray for Jay and Tonisha to have their eyes opened to the truth of God’s Word, so they can be saved! This little boy walked up to me as we were leaving Canterbury today and asked me, “when is the cool magic man coming back?” He was talking out our pastor, Paul. He smiled this cute, wide open smile! This was cute that he liked the gospel magic so much. I told him that the “cool magic man” would be back tomorrow. Tomorrow is the last VBS day in Canterbury! Looking forward to giving out shoes to those who need them, sharing Christ with more people there in this rural area of Jamaica, and doing whatever else God has planned. -Ellen

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing all of the ways God is working through you guys! Know that we are still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! 18 people won to the Lord, that is tremendous! God is truly working and blessing your efforts! On this Thanksgiving Eve, I'm thinking of you all and how thankful I am for all that God has blessed me with and how unworthy I am. Have a great Thanksgiving! Keep up the wonderful work. You all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Mark

    ReplyDelete